Friday, November 14, 2008

It's been real

Well, the time has come. The Lineup Card has run its course, and it's time for the noble scribe to hang up the pen. OK that was a bit hyperbolic, but the fact is there simply aren't enough hours in the day to keep up with the blog.

I have been neglecting The Card for some time now, and I just can't allow this to happen any more. The posts have been falling off for a few months, and the truth is, they would have basically become nonexistent until summer as I become consumed with traveling for work.

I started this blog to rant about Manny and the Red Sox, and I had some fun boring you with my many other opinions along the way. Thank you loyal readers for your support and comments. I probably would have given up before this if it weren't for your nagging and jokes.

Like MJ once said, I am 99 percent sure this is the end for The Card. I will always leave room for a comeback though. Check back as the hot stove heats up a little later in the winter, but for now I'm going to pull a Brett Favre and tearfully walk away (for now).

No comments: